Monday, January 19, 2009

In search of the best all-around Female DJs in DC

Yeah, some of you may think I should be out celebrating history instead of blogging but my decision to start a business managed to coincide with the entire Election/Inauguration period. I wasn't going to put it off any longer just because of it. With that said...I am in search of the best all-around Female DJs in DC. I have heard some good ones who are great at spinning Electronic (and the many sub-genres within), Hip-Hop, Top 40, and or Experimental but never all the above and then some. I really appreciate the different male DJs I hear at the parties I attend but it's always hot to see a vicious female DJ kill it on the tables and have the party jumpin' all night. The DJ controls the party environment by reading the crowd and setting the tone - the band leader or drum major if you will (I'm a former band geek). It always feels good to see women in leadership roles so I'm calling on any and all Female DJs in the DC area who fit the description - Please step up and let your hands be heard.

No comments: