Monday, January 26, 2009

To all the unhappy Sprint/Nextel customers out there...

Working in the wireless telecommunications industry makes me privy to a lot of inside info. Although if you Google this, you'll get mad hits but I just want y'all to know I checked into this and it's true - Sprint is waiving early termination fees for ALL CUSTOMERS through January 31.

Here's a link to the class action suit filed against Sprint/Nextel:
http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/open-lawsuit-settlements/83-sprint-etf-class-action-lawsuit-settlement

Avoid the 20 minute hold and the Customer Dis-service Rep. entirely. Call 888 567-5528 and talk directly to the Cancellation Dept. For anyone who was denied, don't give up. Call 888 567-5528.

For original NEXTEL subscribers, the direct number to ACCOUNT SERVICES
is 866-235-1185 and these ARE the people that you need to speak with.

For all you frustrated Sprint/Nextel customers, The new $0.75 Administrative Charge and the $0.20 Regulatory Charge can be your ticket to cancelling your contract without paying a $200.00 a phone Early Termination Fee. Make sure you state that you are cancelling because of these material changes.

For you lucky procrastinators, you actually have 30 days from when the
charge first appears on your bill. So if your BILLING date is Jan 23,
you have until Feb. 22 to assert your right to cancel. Keep the
comments coming.

If you feel up to dealing with their customer service department to cancel, I suggest you give them a call. I've been Sprint-free since May 2008 and it took me five years to get out of two year contract because they renewed my contract every time I changed my rate plan.

No comments: