Sunday, September 27, 2009

Always working to keep the infrastructure strong...New Writers!



Some new hands to help in the building of The Glass House (in DC and Beyond) -

Keasha Lee (Art/Culture Writer):

Keasha Lee is a dynamic and charismatic writer and entrepreneur who finds that meeting new people and hearing about their life experiences is very enriching. Writing has always been a passion for Keasha because it can allow an emotional connection with a reader that could change their perception or even their life. In 2008, she decided to
leave her five year career within corporate Public Relations to do PR for her own company, Striking Statements, LLC; a business based on translating others life's special moments into unique celebrations. Keasha continues to find avenues and opportunities for personal expression through writing, acting, and building her brand. In business and in life, Keasha only pursues projects that allow her to use her unique talents so that she can share the very best of herself with the world. We all have a statement to make. Why not make your's striking?

Natalie Strasser (Style Writer):

I am a huge supporter of the arts and it reflects my fashion choices. I don't believe in "fashionistas" and I don't think enough people are creative with their clothing choices. I believe in mixing vintage and new, clashing patterns and letting your style speak louder than your words. I love thrifting, baroque music, dance parties, hats and Maker's Mark. I loathe flip-flops, wanna-be's, VPL, and nude nylon pantyhose. Your body is art; wear it, paint it, be it.

Selomé Samuel (Photographer):

Selomé Samuel was born in the fine city of Washington, DC and is a recent graduate of Bennington College where she received her BA in Visual Arts. She's that undercover nerdy friend you have who is always talking about music and food and checking out bicycles like they were cute guys. In her photographs, she focuses on quietly observing and drawing the beauty out of everyday moments, in accumulating these to produce a semblance of a self. She has romantic notions of being the singer in a band. For her, the ultimate bliss is found at dance parties.

Patrick Onofre (Photographer):

I've always had a passion for creating things ever since I can remember, but until recently, no major steps have been taken to make anything come of that creativity. Fueled by a very original imagination and lots and lots and lots of coffee (I mean, LOTS of coffee), I realized my feet have been dry for too long now, and it's time to get them wet.

Graduated from Johnson & Wales, I've been in restaurants ever since I could start working. I have a tremendous love of food, drinks, and the nightlife, but after nearly a decade of wear and tear, it's time to make a career change. I love capturing moments and creating art from everyday things. I like to take my camera with me where ever I go, just in case I happen to stumble upon the next magnificent work of art. I like showing people that there's beauty all around us, and we pass by at least 10 works of art in just our trip to work alone. It's this distinct view of the world that makes me think the photos I share with everyone could mean something and inspire people just as I have been.

I may not climb Mount Everest. I may never get to have a philosophical lunch with the Dalai Lama. I may never throw the game-winning touchdown pass in the Super Bowl. But I adore photography too much to not make something of it, and look forward to taking the steps necessary to make this a full-time gig.

Ian Crawford (Videographer):

I'm just an artist without rules that carries a camera with no fuse. My style is what it is, and I can't explain it. I am self taught so my skills really don't speak any ENGLISH. So this is my BIO, short and sweet. I hope you feel my work and keep it real with ME.

No comments: