Friday, June 26, 2009

"The Greatest Entertainer of all time died on June 25th"



The man, the music, now a legend two months shy of his 51st birthday - family, friends, fans and haters (who were secretly fans) across the world are mourning the loss of Michael Joseph Jackson. One of the few performing artists who stayed relevant multiple decades within their lifetime, myself along with many others I know felt as if we lost one of our own yesterday. Whether you were natives of MJ's hometown of Gary, Indiana and caught he and his brothers performing around town as a cover band, you remember the live airing of "I Want You Back" on The Ed Sullivan Show, went to The Victory Tour or were terrified of Thriller (like I was) yet intrigued by Moonwalker it's highly probable that you have at least one cool Michael Jackson moment. In honor of the King of Pop I got a tune for y'all called "Billie Jean". It's my favorite song - period. It's about some woman who was stalking Mike and claimed the he was her baby father. Psycho....Anyway, here goes his debut of The Moonwalk at Motown 25 in 1983:

No comments: