Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Friday 3/13: BLACK Collection's Spring Release Celebration



As most people know, DC is a pretty small city so the theory of six degrees of separation is reduced to an average of three degrees. I found out about this event through a friend and as I was doing my journalist-type research (I still can't believe bloggers are considered "journalists"), I realized that the man behind this line (Reggie Black) is a face I've seen at several events and regularly at my old job, Busboys and Poets. I'm a pretty good judge of character so I can always sense when I'm in the presence of an ambitious individual. If I wasn't on my introvert shit prior to me starting The Glass House I would've already known about The BLACK Collection prior to this morning.

Reggie's story is interesting because he got his start working at SOLO Sports as a pre-teen, taking what he learned from that experience and combining that with design techniques he learned from his international travels to create The BLACK Collection. With the conservative vein that pulses through so much of the DC metro area, being a lefty-liberal fashion enthusiast (especialy prior to the return of the 80s) was taboo. Sport bright colors, HR-inappropriate hairstyles and denim fits that weren't relaxed and you were considered weird. I am always pleased whenever I find out about another fashion designer from the DMV who was once very influenced by the right wing nature of our look, has since grown from that and wants to share how they've evolved with the world. I was taunted a few times in life whenever I deviated from the norm and my favorite question to be asked was "Why are you wearing that?" Because I like it fool LOL! Fortunately, there are stubbornly persistent groups of people in DC who are working to change conservative decor of the area .


Come enjoy a night with BLACK Collection in conjunction with Goin Off Ent as they celebrate the release of the BC Spring/Summer '09 Line. They're also looking for female models so ladies do come out for this.

This is definitely something you don't want to miss! Enjoy great hip-hop! Hanaro offers great sushi and a great wine list. Drink specials include $2 lemondrop shots, 2 for 1 sake bombs, half off all martinis and cosmos.

BLACK Collection's Spring Release Celebration
Also celebrating Reggie Black's 25th Birthday
Friday, March 13th
9PM-2AM
No Cover!
21+
Dress Code - INDIVIDUALITY

Hanaro formerly known as Doraku
7820 Norfolk Ave.
Bethesda, MD

For more Information contact:

Dylan Chase
313.477.0790
blackcollection@gmail.com

Carlo Manabat
240-994-6826
carlo.manabat@gmail.com


Websites:

www.blkcollection.com
www.hanarobethesda.com

No comments: