Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hip Hop Cinema Cafe Video Recap

I'm feeling like I prefer to use my digital camera to record video over snapping pictures. Because of this, I started TheGlassHouseDC YouTube Channel.

I attended the Hip Hop Cinema Cafe at the Historical Society of DC. The film, Counting Headz: South Africa's Sistaz in Hip Hop, was an excellent layout of the strikingly similar role that women play in South African Hip Hop. And don't even sleep on these women because a good majority of those featured were spittin' hard. A couple of my favorites were Cuba and Chi, along with Nicky who is a beatboxer. Following the film, there was a panel discussion featuring Palestine Hip-Hop/R&B Artist Abeer aka Sabreena Da Witch and local MCs Porsche' 9-11, Carolyn Malachi and RATheMC. Hear what they had to say about the parts they play in Hip Hop...







No comments: