Monday, August 3, 2009

Tired of Heavy Notebook Lugging?

As if you didn’t already have enough crap to tug around…




So I live off of my laptop. It’s a Toshiba and nothing fancy at all, and if you want a good peak of the inner madness of K. Green, that’s where you’ll find it.

Everywhere I go, I’d carry this laptop, but there was one problem: it wasn’t exactly the lightest thing around. Weighing in at a little over 7 pounds, on top of my bag with my schoolbooks, and my purse, it became a bit too much.

I needed a quick solution because my back was starting to kill me, plus I got tired of being bogged down with all this s**t that frankly made me look like a bag lady.

My answer: an Acer mini-notebook.

This is by far one of the best purchases I’ve made recently. For a mere $300, it’s definitely an investment for anyone on-the-go.

Sounds good, right?

Although more companies have come out with their own version of mini notebooks, I dig the Acer because it’s relatively cheap and still gives a great performance. It has:

· A built-in Network Card that allows you to go wireless
(If you opt to go with companies such as Verizon or AT&T, you can purchase a 2-year plan, and get the notebook for almost pennies, AND have the ability to access the Internet WHEREVER YOU ARE!!)

· Built in Web Cam
· Built in Microphone
· Intel Atom processor at 1.6GHz processor speed (for my techies)
· MULTIPLE slots for additional memory and compatible with Memory Stick PRO, SD Card, Sony Memory Stick, Multimedia Card, and the list goes on and on
· Weighs in at a mere 2.2 lbs!!!
· Max memory of 1.5 GB and installed memory of 512 MB
· Windows XP, and
· MUCH MUCH MORE!!!

Tha business, right? I know. The Acer is great for anyone who is going back to school, a writer (*ahem**clearing my throat*), or just want to check emails, surf the web, or put together a quick presentation for work, etc). It’s great for all your light-duty activities.

Now…let me warn you…this is NOT for downloading tons of music, movies, or game playing. Kind of a downside, but to counter that I just load all my music stuff on a thumb drive and PRESTO! Problem solved.

I’m gonna go ahead and put my GREEN Stamp of Approval on this one. Anything that I can just toss in my purse or backpack and keep it movin’ is a HUGE plus for me. Go pick one up; trust me, you won’t regret it.

Til later, Fam

K. GREEN

No comments: