Monday, August 10, 2009

Tomorrow: Mz. Mimz's "Thoughts While Getting Dressed" Mixtape Listening Party @ Lounge of III



I'm really happy to see the listening party finally happening tomorrow evening. Mz. Mimz has been on my R&B radar since the beginning of the year and has been progressing wonderfully since I learned of her talent. If you've been following The Glass House (in DC and Beyond) for a while you may remember posting (and hopefully you downloaded) Thoughts While Getting Dressed...A Mixtape. I've always found the less pop sound of many unsigned and independent R&B artists to be more interesting to listen to over many who choose the way of a more Urban Contemporary Top 40 sound. Of course I have to mention that I have a hard time listening to contemporary R&B because the content is often a little too sobby for me, therefore I often find myself listening to it with a critics ears only. How's the artist's voice, the music/band that accompanies, are they staying within their vocal range, classically trained or naturally gifted, catchy hook, the song format, etc. - all questions running through my mind when listening to the majority of R&B artists. Now if you ain't tellin' too many sob stories in your music, you're talented and have dope music backing you then you're solid in my book. I have to give that solid stamp to Mz. Mimz as you will also this Tuesday.


Mz. Mimz Thoughts While Getting Dressed...A Mixtape Listening Party
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
6PM-9PM
Live Performances and Free Giveaways

Lounge of III
1013 U St. NW
Washington, DC

No comments: