Monday, August 3, 2009

The Fallen Princess Project




Every little girl under the age of twelve dreams of being a princess more specifically a Disney princess. These modern takes on age old fairy tales come in the form of movies, bedding, clothing, and computer games. Even though I personally hate Disney I must say they do an excellent job of pimping those princesses out to the masses.
When I discovered Dina Goldstein’s project; Fallen Princesses I was immediately drawn to it. She shows the princesses in less than ideal real life situations, Cinderella is drunk and depressed at a bar, Jasmine is fighting in the battlefields and Little Red Riding Hood is not so little.
The juxtaposition between the pink glittering fairy tale world and the often unsavory darkness of reality collide in what I find to be one of the most interesting photo exhibits I have seen in years.

For more info on Dina Goldstein and The Fallen Princess Project, visit her here

No comments: