Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cappadonna - Slang Prostitution



Alright so I was never a real Cappadonna fan and I'm still not, but I felt the need to post some info about his latest album, Slang Prostitution. I know everyone is holding their breath for Rae's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2 (or maybe not, depending on who you talk to but I know I am). However, the self-proclaimed Wu-Tang reject has dropped another album as of January 27th, but for all it's worth the album is actually not that bad. Word on the street is this album only sold 50,000 copies (Damn...SMH) and I think I know why:

1. People like me
2. Wu-Tang and their affiliates' relevance to the remaining Wu-Tang fans
3. Wu-Tang and their affiliates' relevance in contemporary hip-hop
4. It's Cappadonna (See #1)

The album has the Wu-Tang sound of yore that many of us remember from the early 90s-2000 which added a little variety to my current hip-hop rotation. If it weren't for my man (Thanks for the info Rob), I really wouldn't have checked for the joint but I'll listen to anyone's album once. Here's a couple tracks that I like:

No comments: