Monday, February 9, 2009

Monday night happenings

Here's the rundown thus far:

Tonight-



I heard Christylez Bacon for the first time in '06 at Busboys and Poets Tuesday night open mic. He was performing with Bomani Armah (Think "Read a book, read a book, read a muthafuckin' book!). One of the dopest performances I saw that year. Bomani was flowing with Christylez beatboxing and playing the guitar. The shit was like that yo! The Wammy nominated four times over (Best Hip-Hop Recording, Advanced Artistry, New Artist of the Year - couldn't find the fourth category) artist is performing tonight at The Kennedy Center so y'all need to check this dude out for real.

Christylez Bacon @ The Kennedy Center
Monday, February 9, 2009
6:00pm - 7:00pm
It's FREE and open to all
The Kennedy Center - Millennium Stage
2700 F Street
Washington, DC



As I always say, I'm not a hipster but I really love their parties! Hipster Overkill is back with their monthly series The Fringe, Hosted by MC Shawn Lucas with resident DJs Dimitris George and DJ Tru. This month they have DJ Great White Mark opening up the party.

The Fringe @ Steve's Bar Room
Monday, February 9th
1337 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC
9PM-2AM
$5 Cover
21+
Dress Code is fashionable


(The only pic I could find that I liked)

I know what y'all are thinking but Monday nights at Marvin are unlike any other night at the two year old restaurant lounge. I've heard Mondays at Marvin unofficially dubbed as "Black night" and if you're familiar with spot you should know why. One of the best DJs I've heard EVER spins there every Monday night. That DJ would be Jamil aka DJ Jahsonic. I'm never disappointed when I hear one of his sets and he definitely will keep the party going.

DJ Jahsonic
Marvin
2007 14th St. NW
Washington, DC
Get there around 10 he usually starts spinning around that time.

No comments: