Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The Swede - John Dahlback



I've really been getting into House music and all the different types that exist over the last few years. My first introduction to house music was about 10, 11 years ago at The Delta Elite (I know most of the people who read this blog have no clue about that spot) hanging with the oldheads in the basement. I moved on from there and never thought about House music again. It wasn't until I moved to NYC that my interest was peaked again. I'm not going to rap y'all up too much so I present to you John Dahlback. He hails from Sweden and must be pretty good if he made it onto BBC Radio 1's Essential Mix (via Hipster Overkill). Y'all really need to start listening to BBC 1 if you don't already. No disrespect to any U.S. radio DJs but the BBC has some of the best DJ shows in the biz. I was working out to this mix today and I was a blown that I couldn't get through the whole joint (the mix, not the workout).

Download: John Dahlback - BBC Radio 1 Essential Mix 10/4/08

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is so much bad house out there...or maybe it just doesn't sit well with me? As always, thanks for the post.

Sonya C. said...

No problem...I'm happy that there are folks out here finding my post informative and entertaining.

Anonymous said...

Mad cosign on your thoughts about BBC Radio 1. The radio programmers there are the best in the world. Hands down. Shouts to Gilles Peterson!

Sonya C. said...

Gilles Peterson was the first DJ I found out about on BBC Radio 1. I listen to Benji B and Ras Kwame as well.