Tuesday, February 24, 2009

RaTheMC - Are You Not Entertained?



The first time I heard RaTheMC was at Black Church Maraca (Get familiar!) in January - I became a fan before she was even finished performing. The next day I listened to her last mixtape, A Mixtape About Something, I Think. I thought to myself, 'Real rap, slim is the Lyte of our time!' I have to rank her with my personal list of favorite female MCs, which up until January only consisted of Philly's own Nina Ross. These are the only two ladies I know of (signed or unsigned) who could very well eat a dude up in a battle son. I downloaded Are You Not Entertained? one minute after she posted it on her blog and I've listened to it twice while my boss is screaming "Turn that hippety hop down!" I want to mention that I was siced to hear her flowing over "Gobstopper" and "Dilla Says Go" from J Dilla's posthumous release, Donuts. This is a solid mixtape from top to bottom - she came hard on A Mixtape About Something, I Think but she went for blood on this one.



Download Are You Not Entertained?

No comments: