Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Christylez Bacon - Advanced Artistry through beatboxing and strings



Also check this related post about my man Christylez

"To say things are looking bright for Christon "Christylez" Bacon is a major understatement. Last year, he was the first hip-hop artist to be named an Artist-in-Residence at the Music Center at Strathmore. Just in the past month, he performed to a packed house on the Kennedy Center's Millennium Stage, delivered an impressive performance at this year's Wammies, and picked up two awards, Rapper of the Year and Rap/Hip-Hop Recording of the Year for his debut studio release, Advanced Artistry." Continue reading HERE...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I checked him out at the free Kennedy Ctr Millennium Stage concerts a couple of weeks ago. I really, really like his music and the newness he's contributed to the monotony. And he's sooo approachable..
-kw

Sonya C. said...

You were there?! I was in the place, too. I'd really love to see Christylez go farther than DC with his music. He lives up the street from me so I see him quite often. He's one of the coolest people I've met since I've been back in the area.