Thursday, October 1, 2009

Everyday Runway

Everyday we get dressed and as we traverse from place to place we are, in some way, participating in our own fashion shows. We put together ensembles and people look at us as we stroll and make their own mental review. Whether intentional or not, we are all essentially models and critics in our own right.

The aforementioned was my inspiration for the Everyday Runway, a weekly highlight of style in DC. I will post photos of great style that I come across and I will give you all the opportunity to critique each posting. If your critique is spot on or just generally entertaining, I will include it in an Everyday Runway Review.

And here lies your first opportunity, Rebecca Margao, owner of on-line consignment boutique, Red Sprinkle. I recently attended Red Sprinkle's Launch party at Artfully Chocolate Kingsbury Confections and was I was immediately enamored with her gorgeous red vintage dress. Margao couldn't have picked a more apropos ensemble for her event! The color was spot on, and the rose detailing and deep back made this one-of-a kind dress a conversation piece.





















Because I just can't help myself, I harassed Margao to tell me where she found this gem. She wouldn't tell me the exact location, but she did say it was from an area thrift store! After retrieving my jaw from under the cupcake table, I was able to snap a few pics.

Love it or hate it? Share your thoughts at mwariebi@gmail.com. Make it good and I'll post your review!

No comments: