Friday, October 9, 2009

Just in case you were wondering - Electro Wars Documentary (Trailer)

My infatuation with electronic music began at age 8. It was when I first heard 2 Hyped Brothers & A Dog's "Doo Doo Brown" in '91 on WPGC.



Although, I had no idea that track was categorized under "Baltimore Club" let alone knowing it was a subgenre of Electronic music, I did know I liked the bassline and the breaks on the song. Four years and several Baltimore Club radio singles later, here comes The Prodigy with their video for "Firestarter". My best friend at the time and I were mesmerized by the intensity of drums and the massive confusion of the synths. It somehow all worked in our minds and that moment served as my crash course in Electronic Music 102: Hardcore.



Now here we are in 2009, I've been present at countless dance parties up to this point with DJs known locally to globally, heard everything from Baltimore Club, Progressive House, Dubstep and everything in between. We have big names like Kanye and Diddy throwing more electro into their mixes to spoon feed their Black fans, and yet I never once thought when and why this genre bending and crossing over really got cranking - until now. Well, it appears as if the Electro Wars Documentary will answer those questions for me. (via Crate Kings)

The Electro Wars Teaser 2 from Stephen Alex Vasquez on Vimeo.

This is the unofficial teaser trailer to the documentary film 'The Electro Wars'.

No comments: